If Trump governs as an authoritarian like he has promised, it will be critical that Americans do the following 10 things: https://t.co/ib56XSPTSe
— Evan McMullin (@Evan_McMullin) December 4, 2016
- Read and learn the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Know that our basic rights are inalienable.
- Identify and follow many credible sources of news. Be very well informed and learn to discern truth from untruth.
- Watch every word, decision and action of Trump and his administration extremely closely, like we have never done before in America.
- Be very vocal in every forum available to us when we observe Trump’s violations of our rights and our democracy. Write, speak, act.
- Support journalists, artists, academics, clergy and others who speak truth and who inform, inspire and unite us.
- Build bridges with Americans from the other side of the traditional political spectrum and with members of diverse American communities.
- Defend others who may be threatened by Trump even if they don’t look, think or believe like us. An attack on one is an attack on all.
- Organize online and in person with other Americans who understand the danger Trump poses and who are also willing to speak up.
- Hold members of Congress accountable for protecting our rights and democracy through elections and by making public demands of them now.
- And finally, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, have "malice toward none, with charity for all" and never ever lose hope!