Great list, from a paper by Ranit Mishori (@ranitmd), of questions to ask your physician to when ordered a new drug:
- What is this medication, and why am I taking it?
- Are there non-pharmacologic options to treat this condition?
- How long do I need to be on it?
- What are the benefits of continuing to take it?
- What are the possible harms of using that medication?
- Do any of my medications interact with any another?
- Can I lower the doses of any of these medications?
- Which of my medications are more likely to be nonbeneficial considering my age, my other medical conditions and my life expectancy?
- Are there any medications I can get off completely?